Hot Pink Monkey Smoothie
19 June 2015,09:00:00 BST
Made with creamy ripe banana, brilliantly sweet and pink beets, and a hint of fresh spice, this hot pink monkey smoothie is loaded with anti-inflammatory and detoxification compounds, antioxidants, essential nutrients such as Vitamins A, B, and C, potassium, magnesium, phosphorus and folic acid, AND it happens to be insanely delicious too. Enjoy!
- 1 medium banana, frozen
- ½ large beet, peeled and cut into cubes for easier blending
- ¼ avocado, peeled and pitted
- 1-inch knob fresh ginger, peeled
- ½-1 cup filtered water, depending on desired consistency
- 1 cup kale or spinach (optional)
- Place all of the ingredients in a high speed blender; start with ½ cup water, then while blending, gradually adding more until the ‘ice cream’ has a soft-serve creamy, creamy like consistency.
- Pour into your favorite bowl or glass and sprinkle on your favorite toppings, enjoy!
Thank you Raw Food Recipes for sharing!