Six Easy Steps To A Juicier, Healthier Lifestyle
17 May 2015,15:30:38 BST
It’s no secret that optimal health requires preparation, time, and energy, but lucky for you, the rewards reaped are worth every bit of effort you put forth. Your lifestyle, from the food you eat to the amount of sleep you obtain, plays a significant role in overall wellbeing.
To amp up the quality of your health, ask yourself what changes would be most beneficial for you and begin practicing one at a time. Breaking habits isn’t always easy, but creating new ones will have a positive impact on your life. Below are six ways to increase your health and happiness.
1. Eat real, whole foods. The better you eat, the better you feel. How many times have you indulged in a delicious bowl of ice cream only to wake up feeling lethargic and uninspired? Instead of giving into that sugar-coated temptation, treat yourself to a bowl of fresh cherries, throw some vitamin-packed kale into your morning smoothie and fill your dinner plate with fresh, colorful vegetables. Adding nutrient-rich foods to your diet will increase your health, boost your mood and curb your energy-depleting cravings. Your body, mind and skin will thank you for it later.
2. Break a sweat. Exercise, as you already know, has the power to enhance your health in more ways than one. Regular physical activity and sweating increases mental clarity, boosts energy, promotes weight loss, reduces stress, tones muscles, helps stabilize blood sugar levels and detoxifies the body of accumulated chemicals. Take a dance class. Join a running club. Go for a long walk outdoors. Practice yoga with a friend or partner. Have sex. Plant a garden. Get up and move your body!
3. Surround yourself with good people. In a world where conversational texts are more common than face-to-face interactions, it’s imperative to create and nurture important relationships in our lives. A healthy social system reduces stress by providing encouragement and a firm foundation to stand, boosting our confidence and supporting our dreams. Spend time with people who inspire you to be your best and love you even on your darkest days. Establish healthy boundaries and eliminate toxic relationships. If you are being drained by someone close to you, reevaluate the pros and cons of the relationship and give yourself permission to walk away if need be. Trust, respect and open communication are keys to healthy relationships. You should feel safe to be honest about who you are and how you are feeling.
4. Make yourself a priority. Stepping away from your routine of responsibilities gives you a chance to reflect on your life and gain a better understanding of your own needs. When you take time for yourself to relax and do things you enjoy, you naturally renew your spirit and heal your heart. Constantly doing for others without regard to your own feelings and needs will deplete your energy, making it impossible to continue giving from a place of love. Slow down. Read a book. Take 10 slow, deep breaths with your eyes closed. Relax in the sunshine. Book a weekend getaway with friends. Plan a health and detox retreat at Yeotown. Have a leisure lunch with a friend. Be honest with yourself. Do absolutely nothing at all. Turn off your cell phone and computer for 24 hours (you’ll be surprised by how liberated you feel). Treat yourself to a spa day. Indulge in your favorite meal. Learn to love your solitude and revel in it.
5. Have more fun. Do you ever feel like you are stuck in a rut? Stepping out of your comfort zone and trying something new will shift your perspective and enhance your day-to-day experiences. Celebrate life by doing more of what makes you happy. Take a cooking class. Plan a road trip. Laugh. Turn up your favorite songs and dance in your living room. Invite your closest friends over for a potluck dinner. Discover a new (or old) passion. Go see live music. Visit a dear friend. Throw a small party complete with board games and appetizers. Pick up the camera and capture the beauty around you. Book that vacation to a place you’ve always wanted to visit. Create your own ideas of fun and partake in them often. Happiness is essential to good health.
6. Get your beauty sleep. In a perfect world, I would get eight solid hours of sleep every night and a two-hour nap each afternoon. That is definitely when I am feeling my healthiest and most productive self. However, life does not always allow us the flexibility to take siesta in the middle of the day, so make sure you are getting plenty of quality sleep each night. Keeping your room cool, dark and quiet will create an ideal environment for deep slumber, which will lead to a stronger immune system, better brain function and heightened creativity.
Thank you Yeotown for sharing! Read more at their homepage: http://www.yeotown.com/blog/six-easy-steps-to-a-juicier-healthier-lifestyle/
← Previous Post Next Post →